Thanks Scott,

I understand the argument you put forward, BUT:

If I take a film camera with a 105mm lens and a DSLR with a 70mm lens and take the same picture with the two and produce full-frame, identically sized prints, then the two prints will be almost identical! To me this means that pictures takes with a 70mm lens on a DSLR takes look like pictures taken with a 105mm lens on a film camera.

Actually I look at this as more of a disadvantage than an advantage, because at the wide end my 18mm pictures look like 27mm pictures taken with a film camera.

Anker