Once at a worlds F3B event the wind was at Joes back...not good for building
any tension.
Joe launched and put the glider over on its wingtip about 5 to 10 feet above
the deck... Tapping... tapping not not much so as to not reeling a bunch of
line but just enough tension to keep things working. It was as if the plane
was tethered to the turnaround and he was flying the radius of a big circle
with a 150 meter diameter. The idea was to fly the plane hooked to the tow
line all the way around to the opposite side of the turn around...Then
launch into the wind. Joe was not the only guy to do this but I do believe
that he did get one hell of a launch with a full downwind launch. I can
still hear the screaming and cracking mono, thinking all the time it was
gonna let go. Must have been a speed run.

Bozo