From: "Jeff Steifel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Marc Gellart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Ray Hayes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Dan Kitching"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "RCSE" <soaring@airage.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:11 AM
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Nats Issue and AMA ED

> That's not totally true Marc. The locals were saying that on normal days
> the guys flying gliders (really one or two). Go over to our soaring
> area. The leave their cards on the boards and put a note that they are
> over at the soaring area. Kaluf  told us we couldn't do that, even
> though all the locals said it is done daily.So the rules are bent daily.
>
> Marc Gellart wrote:
>
> >Jeff,
> >   What Kaluf did is SOP at AMA during the week, and since you were not
in an official event, that is where everyone flies at AMA in an uncontrolled
environment.  I will admit, it is not a great B site, but to control
frequencies, all fliers have to work from "center" on any open flying day.
There is talk of a frquency control program that would cover the entire
site, but I think it is far in the future.  Even when the MIST guys have the
field for a contest, if guys show up with power ships or such, after a
conflab to concur on frequencies, usually they can proceed to south end and
fly. And FF'ers are there many days that soaring is going on, so, sometimes
you have a FF model end up on the site too.
> >   I know it is a hassle sometimes when you are doing such specialized
flying, but what was done is the norm.

> >Marc
> >RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe"
and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that
MIME turned off.  Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL
are generally NOT in text format