Hi Guys

I just recieved some bad news that Rick is very Ill.  I just
recieved this message about him.  Its attached at the bottom.  As
some of you know Rick adds his 2 cents into the exchange on
occation.  He has also built multiple Bubble Dancers and even a few
Ageas.  He is a good friend of the Downeast Soaring Club and is the
guy who showed me how to Vaccum Bag.

I am hoping for the best for Rick.  Please keep him in your prayers

Jeff Carr



Hello,
This is a difficult note to write. I found your email addresses in my
father's email account, and since he seemed to have written to you
many
times, it seems you may be friends. I wanted to let you know that he
is
extremely ill. Last weekend he went to Canada for Thanksgiving, and
returned
Monday evening confused and with difficulty speaking. We took him to
the
ER,
thinking he may have had a stroke. In fact, he has multiple brain
tumors,
and has declined even since Monday, despite medication. We are
actively
pursuing treatment, and hope to find out Monday from his
neurosurgeon what
the best course of action will be. Some inoperable tumors apparently
do
respond well to chemo or radiation. However, the medicine which was
supposed
to keep him at a steady level does not seem to be working.

Unfortunately, he has lost the ability to write this week, although
he can
still read. He is also still bright and loves conversation, though
he has
trouble expressing himself more and more. He is also sleepy a lot
now. I
don't expect you will have any more email from him (the weekend of
Oct.
2nd
seems to have been when his power with the written word suddenly
deteriorated precipitously).

As a family, we can now look back and see the signs of this growing
malignancy over the last few months. Unfortunately, many of the
symptoms
were masked by an injury he got at a flying contest in mid-August,
when he
was struck in the leg by a plane. That injury caused him severe pain
and
loss of mobility, and the nature of the injury meant it would be a
long-term
healing process. Thus we thought his unsteadiness, fatigue, and
occasional
confusion (as well as loss of interest in flying) were due to the
injury
and
resulting loss of sleep. In reality, the leg injury was just masking
something much more terrible. Furthermore, being of good Puritan
stock,
Dad
undoubtedly masked and compensated for many of his symptoms.

Please help us by letting any other friends of Dad's that you may
know of
of
this development. I have a few more addresses that I culled from his
mailbox
that I will contact. (However, he keeps his mail pretty well cleaned
out,
even through today, so it is hard for me to know whom to contact.)
Dad
would
love to hear from you, I'm sure, in any context, at least for
another week
or so.

Best regards,
Leigh Hallett




RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and 
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that subscribe and 
unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.  
Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL are generally NOT in 
text format

Reply via email to