Hi all,

I liked the idea of having an Edit toolbar [1] in SoaS Loader [2].

On the road to SoaS Loader I am toying with "home made" Sugar-Tutorial
[3].

I tried lifting {some} Edit toolbar lines from Browse, but the current
ones looked more promising copied/derived from Terminal Activity.
However I don't seem to be able to get it to work properly.

The Edit toolbar looks ok visually, copy does copy selected text, but a
clipping is not seen in Frame.
When attempting to paste (with Edit -> Paste button) into Terminal,
there is no reaction, but the clipping does seem to be available to
paste with the centre mouse button. (Edit -> Paste button in the
Terminal, works as expected from a valid clipping in Frame.) This is not
a killer, as users can be asked to use keyboard shortcuts, but if one
could see a simple fix it would be nice.

I see two error messages which I have not been able to work around:

1. Run Sugar-Tutorial, turn all pages and close. (no copy and paste)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sugar3/activity/activity.py",
line 576, in __canvas_map_cb
    self.read_file(self._jobject.file_path)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sugar3/activity/activity.py",
line 625, in read_file
    raise NotImplementedError
NotImplementedError

2. Run Sugar-Tutorial and attempt cut and paste. (with copy and paste)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/iain/Activities/SugarTutorial.activity/tutorialactivity.py", line
149, in __copy_cb
    vt =
self._notebook.get_nth_page(self._notebook.get_current_page()).vt
AttributeError: 'HelpActivity' object has no attribute '_notebook'

I put full logs on fpaste [4]

With thanks,

Iain

[1] http://en.zimagez.com/zimage/soaswriterat-work.php