Hello everyone,
I was able to make my own kernel 4.15 for the XO-1 in order to boot SoaS
Fedora 26 on the XO-1. Here is how I did it. I would like help fixing the
bugs.

Instructions
--------------------------------------

the xo needs to be unlocked with dev key
AND update firmware to latest version otherwise new kernel doesn't boot!

download soas i386 iso Fedora-SoaS-Live-i386-26-1.5 from
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora-secondary/releases/26/Spins/i386/iso/

put soas i386 iso in vmware
connect 4gb+ usb drive to it and share in vmware
give yourself a name, color, grade
open terminal, run

sudo liveinst

select sdb1 as device
go to custom partitioning
delete all partitions
create "/" as standard, ext2! not ext3 or ext4
set / type to standard not lvm!
change / partition label to "SoaS" EXACTLY
click update settings
click done multiple times, accept changes
click begin installation

click root password. type olpc for root password, click done twice
make user olpc with admin, password also olpc (for compatibliity with old
activities), click done twice

when installer done (note: it will say 100% for a long time):
close installer

reboot vm by clicking reboot on xo guy. NOT by closing window
run in terminal

cd /run/media/liveuser/SoaS
curl -Lo /tmp/a.zip parrotgeek.com/downloads/xofix.zip
sudo unzip /tmp/a.zip
sudo cp boot/initramfs*i686.img boot/xoinitrd.img

note: the kernel in xofix.zip is from:
https://github.com/parrotgeek1/linuxXO

SHUT DOWN the vm by clicking shut down on xo guy. NOT by closing window

do NOT reboot from the USB on a computer other than XO!

then plug the usb into xo and boot! it should work

----------------------------

Critical Bugs:

!!! When Xorg starts there is a weird LCD fade effect like DCON hardware is
being initialized wrong
5+ minute boot time due to firewalld, sssd failing to start.
After login, XO sits for a very long time at only a mouse cursor, with the
mic light on
Screen is not scaled to 200 DPI. Attempts to copy xorg.conf from an XO
image resulted in Xorg not starting. Also, Xorg is using fbdev not geode.
no wifi (Need firmware. Also no kernel modules are loading)
Impossible to open frame with mouse unless change corner size to 5px, maybe
dpi issue?
Rotate button doesn't work (maybe because it isn't using geode driver)
Power management does not work at all. Disk and Wifi lights don't work.
webcam does not work (No modules are loading)
On keyboard, the increasing size dots, and 2 boxes overlapping keys do not
work
Brightness keys work but super slow to change brightness
it doesn't see the nand (driver loads but fail to init)
/ofw not mounted

Cosmetic bugs:

Not asked for name at first boot, instead it is "olpc"
Login screen shows instead of auto login
[SoaS bug] Loading mouse cursor is the gnome one not xo one
Hostname is localhost not like xo-4b-e0-31
Sudo needs a password
[VTE bug] "777 notify command completed" in terminal
No splash screen or shutdown screen
Need to decrease activity launch animation rate like xo official image does
It shows "Log out" in xo menu
Ctrl+Alt+F1...F5 don't work
Ctrl+Alt+Backspace don't work. It can be re-enabled by setting the DontZap
xorg.conf option to False
OLPC specific tools missing
Probably other things I haven't thought of

Good luck,
Ethan Nelson-Moore