On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 00:10:15 +0400 Viacheslav Naydenov <vac...@yandex.ru> wrote:

VN> 23.03.2013, 16:49, "Vadim Zeitlin" <vz-s...@zeitlins.org>:

VN> > ML> I see.
VN> >
VN> >  This was indeed correct.
VN>
VN> Ok, shouldn't it behave the same way for any other backend?

 It should and AFAIK it does but I didn't test all of them and would prefer
to avoid breaking tests just before a release.

VN> May be the test-case you've added is better placed in common tests?

 Yes, I do think it should be in common, I'll just wait until the release
is done before doing it there. The same applies to negative doubles tests,
BTW, there is really nothing Firebird-specific in it.

VN> Sorry, my bad. In Firebird a column of decimal(9,0) is represented by
VN> 32-bit integer type internally, but still it is not suppsed to store
VN> 4000000000 correctly. However, fbclient API doesn't give a warning
VN> about this, while the console client does.
VN>
VN> SQL> create table test_types2 ( col1 decimal(9,0) );
VN> SQL> insert into test_types2(col1) values(4000000000);
VN> Statement failed, SQLSTATE = -802
VN> arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or string truncation

 Interesting, I thought isql was just a simple wrapper using the API calls
so I don't understand how does it happen that it works using the API but
not interactively. I really don't know much about Firebird API (and there
doesn't seem to be any good documentation for it, the best I could find was
Interbase manual from Borland) but could we not check for errors properly?

 Anyhow, to get back to my changes: do you see anything wrong with them or
any objections to committing them?

 Thanks,
VZ