Hi,

I'm happy to start the long-awaited process of releasing the new version
and I've issued a release candidate for SOCI 4.0.0.

The source archives are available at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/soci/files/soci/soci-4.0.0/soci-4.0.0-rc1.tar.gz

https://sourceforge.net/projects/soci/files/soci/soci-4.0.0/soci-4.0.0-rc1.zip

The documentation is available at:

    http://soci.sourceforge.net/doc/release/4.0/

The change log is available in the release/4.0 branch:

    https://github.com/SOCI/soci/blob/release/4.0/CHANGES

If no serious issues are reported, I'll call for a vote to promote
this release/4.0 branch to final release in a week.

This is call for testing. Thanks in advance.

------
FYI, this is a first release issued following the new how-to:
    https://github.com/SOCI/soci/blob/master/RELEASING.md
and helper script generating release archives:
    https://github.com/SOCI/soci/blob/master/scripts/release.sh

The script/release.sh procedure generating archives as well as
building SOCI from generated archive is CI-verified on Travis CI
during the empty backend build job for any release/X.Y branch:
   https://github.com/SOCI/soci/blob/master/scripts/travis/script_empty.sh
and latest log for the current release candidate archives available at:
    https://travis-ci.org/SOCI/soci/jobs/603041694
------

Best regards,