Bill--sorry for this belated response to your comments of January 29,
2003:

My understanding of Social Credit is that it is to entirely eliminate
the need for consumer debt over the global (i.e., national) economy.
You have asked somewhere if I would have one wait thirty or so years
before buying a house in order to save the required money for purchase.
Yes and no.  A house is a FINAL CONSUMER product.  How does it differ
from a watch, a pair of shoes, a computer or a car?  It is a larger
item, but, nevertheless, a final consumer product.  The final physical
costs of these items are ALL provided in full when the items are
completed and ready for consumer purchase--and the full amount of
effective demand should be in the hands of consumers as a whole to
collectively purchase them without financial debt.  There is no need for
new consumer debt credit to facilitate this purchase.

However, if Sam has a large financial income but simple physical or
lifestyle  needs, and Harry's eyes are bigger than his pocketbook and is
eyeing a Lamborghini there is nothing in Social Credit to deny them from
arranging a contract in which Harry borrows money from Sam repayable in
the future for this or some other item that exceeds his current
financial ability to immediatelly pay.

Nevertheless, when I was much younger about a half century ago, I can
assure you that anyone in the community who had personal debts was
looked at somewhat askance as a rather irresponsible, unreliable and
possibly less than completely honest individual. When you take of
someone else's substance, how can you ensure that recompense will ever
be made?  How do you know that you will even be alive to meet your
obligation? How do you know that a pledged asset will even remain in
existence or retain its worth?  Are we Gods that we can predict and
ensure future events?  Not, I believe, in the nature of Christian
belief.  In those days over fifty years ago, in Canada consumer debt was
about five percent of annual income whereas it is now well over
one-hundred percent, as in your own country and other developed nations.

Of course, we know from the Social Credit analysis that increasing
consumer debt is inevitable under orthodox debt finance if the economy
is to be allowed to function.  But that would be drastically changed
under Social Credit policy and the time span to save for various items
would be increasingly shortened. We know of people who even today, by
living very frugally and denying themselves access to readily available
consumer goods, manage to avoid personal debt--although whether
realizing it or not, they all bear the burden of public debt. In my
lifetime, I have personally paid for at least two new automobiles with
cash and in the past some individuals have managed to pay for modest
homes with cash.  This has become completely impossible for most people
to do but Social Credit would reverse all of this.

Because of our extended mental slave conditioning under the existing
system of debt finance and the perverted metaphysics which accompany it,
it is sometimes difficult to envisage or accept the radical nature of
the new civilization into which Social Credit would project us.  The
future nature of this dispensation we cannot, of course, begin to fully
appreciate or predict at this time in history.  I rememeber once while
conversing with the late L. (Leslie) Denis Byrne, he said while smiling,
"Money will flow like water."  That is dynamic versus static
economics--although it was, I confess, somewhat of a mystery to me at
that stage of my understanding.

Sincerely
Wally

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have inserted some comments below in reply to Dan Parker [in reply]
> and a brief reply toward the end to Wally Klinck.  Bill

> > >Consumers should have the right to balance their current consumption
> > >with their lifetime income, so you don't have to, for example, work a
> > >lifetime to save the money to purchase a house. Consumer credit allows
> > >you to live in it now and pay for it over your lifetime. Likewise for
> > >cars and college educations.

What will be eliminated is the incessant imperative for firms to shift
debt from their backs onto the backs of consumers to inflate fictitious
profits in payment for chattels that are headed for the landfill. Bill