From: "Wallace M. Klinck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "John Gelles" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Social Credit PDF files.
Date: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 1:28 AM

Dear John Gelles (and Others):

I am forwarding these PDF files ("The A + B Theorem" by Northridge and
"Social Credit Principles" by Major Clifford Hugh Douglas) inasmuch that
you have shown some uncertainty about Social Credit.  This is just to
give you a look at the core technical considerations and a short
statement re Social Credit in general.

Social Credit policy is specifically fashioned in an attempt to conform
with, and constitute an expression of, Christian philosophy--without
apology.  If this is in keeping with fundamental reality, the way should
be open for anyone to accept it if they possess the necessary
understanding and desire.  As serious spokespersons for both "Christian"
and "Jewish" religious ideas or metaphysics have historically made very
clear,  the two are quite incompatible and lead to very different
practical policies and ultimate results.  But ordinary members of both
religions probably have a very limited understanding of either--and
there is, so far as I know, no attempt or desire to blame any group of
individuals as a whole, per se, for the world's problems.

The crude unacademic use of simple labels by some persons who enter the
fray with far more "righteous zeal" than knowledge or comprehension is
quite appalling.  What does it mean to be "Jewish"?  Orthodox, Reform,
Conservative, Liberal, secular, atheist, Zionist, Non-Zionist,
Anti-Zionist, simply uninvolved, etc., etc.?  As you say the variations
are almost protean, and, as with Christians, sometimes themselves
involve substantial incompatibilities.  That does not mean, however,
that there are no problem areas.  Nor does it mean that faults do not
also reside  in the larger society without.  Have you read books by
Jewish authors such as Dr. Alfred Lillienthal, Arthur Koestler, and
Prof. Emeritus Israel Shahak, among many others?  If you have, I
probably have no further suggestions--if not, I would certainly
recommend them as very important, if not entirely exhaustive, sources of
understanding concerning numerous critical issues.

Not many persons of Jewish background have been involved in Social
Credit, and not all, I understand, have been entirely helpful--but A. W.
Joseph is one, I believe,  who wrote a couple of very good essays on the
subject entitled "The A+B Theorem" and "Banking and Industry."

Anyway, Social Credit stands apart by itself, on its own merit, and the
files attached deal with some of the core technical and philosophic
issues on that independent level.

Sincerely
Wally Klinck