>>>If nothing in the future exists today it follows
that the interest I have to pay in the future does
not exist today.<<<

Not necessarily.  It may or it may not exist today.
--

>>>If I am the only person borrowing $1000 at 10% I
am required to repay $1100 in one year's time. UNLESS
either I borrow another $100 to repay the original
loan I cannot do it because the interest does not
exist and can only exist through further borrowing
(loans) which increases the debt.<<<

There are several false assumptions here which I will
just touch on.  One false assumption is that in one
year's time you will have had no earnings.  If you
have had earnings they will have come from the larger
economy based on credit as to progresses through
time.  If you have had no earnings you could neither
pay the principal nor the interest.  In steady state
further borrowing does not increase the debt.  It
merely transfers to someone else.  In an expanding
economy the debt is increasing but so is the credit.
--

>>>Vic B - Earnings come from other who have
contracted a debt. One may argue that some traders
are not in debt but this does not alter the fact that
as all money comes into existence as a debt a payment
of interest is only possible by drawing upon another
debt.<<<

The false assumption here is that the economy as a
whole must borrow in order to pay interest.  The fact
is that interest is merely a transfer payment no
different than the payment of profit to any
businessman.  It is the transfer from your pocket to
the businessman's pocket, from which he spends on
things he needs to purchase or pay.  Neither profit
nor interest are subtrahends from system flow.  You
have to differentiate in your mind the difference
between bank as bank and bank as business.  Principal
is paid to bank as bank and is cancelled.  Interest
is paid to bank as business and is spent.
--

>>>If all loans were demanded to be repaid within 24
hours and if all outstanding debtors met their
creditors call for payments outstanding eliminating
any other factors under current double entry
bookkeeping the debits and credits would balance out.
This may equal the principal originally borrowed
through bank loans but it would not be able to meet
the interest required by the bank.<<<

You borrow in order to get money to spend, so you
spend the money you borrow.  If loans are called
prematurely very few loans could be repaid by the
debtors.  That has nothing to do with the fact that
interest is charged.  Something like this does happen
when there are credit contractions so the first order
of business is to prevent credit contractions.

Let's say that a loan comes due with accrued interest
not yet paid.  That interest does exist in the form
of assets somewhere in the economy.  Whether you
personally have the equivalent to them or not is a
separate issue.  Assets are not limited to money but
in a rationally constructed system can readily be
turned into money as needed.  That is the use for
financial services and the providers of financial
services deserve to be paid for their services.

Take the case of a simple discount loan:  You tender
to the banker your personal note for $10,000 payable
in one year.  He discounts it %5 and credits your
account in the amount of $9,500.  He credits his own
account as a businessman in the amount of $500.  You
are expected to pay $10,000 at the end of the year.
You received only $9,500 but $10,000 does exist in
the economy.