Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 11:50 PM
Subject: RE: [SOCIAL CREDIT] reply to Vic2

At 10:12 AM 22/06/2003 -0700, you wrote:
Let's say the loan is for $100,000 at 5% payable
yearly over ten years.  At the end of the first year
you would owe one tenth of the principal plus five
percent of the principal:  $10,000 principal plus
$5,000 interest.  Only if the $5,000 is not paid does
the debt compound because of interest. At the end of
the second year you would pay $10,000 in principal
plus five percent of $90,000.  At the end of the
third year you would pay $10,000 plus five percent of
$80,000, etc.
--
>>>OK, so in this example the bank credits its own
account in the amount of $27,500 up front. Correct?
<<<

It is merely an example.  In this example the banker
credits nothing to his account up front.  At the end
of the first year the banker receives $5000 interest
which he then credits to his personal account.

The larger point is that, in the economy as a whole,
there are many overlapping loans because it is a
continuous dynamic process.  It works out exactly the
same if interest on individual loans is credited to
the banker up front, during the amortization period,
or at the end.  It works out to a simple rate of
interest that the financial sector charges the rest
of the economy for financial services rendered.

I thought we were talking about discounted loans. You
have now changed the conversation topic.

In the original discussion, it seemed to me that you were
making the case that banks (or the banking system, if you
like) create the interest that they charge their borrowers. I
haven't heard this one before. Can you cite one or more
references which would help to put your assertion on a
somewhat firmer basis than mere hearsay?

JH