Replies inserted [in reply]
----------

Date:   Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:44:44 +0100 (BST)
From:   Bernard Daly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"At the very least the credits must have limited
negotiability in terms of foreign content. "

How on earth do you propose this should be brought
about?
----------
[in reply]  Technically it is very simple.  The
negotiability would be limited in the manner of
American food stamps, which may be spent only on
certain approved items.

The difficulty is that subsidies in aid of local
content are presently illegal under international
trade agreements.
--

Exchange controls  etc  seem very passé and indeed
dirigiste (excuse my French). Social credit says

But one of the problems the Keynesian demand managers
of the 60's and 70's found was that of time lags, all
running at different paces. Credit created for the
previous period might be totally unsuitable for the
forthcoming one.
----------
[in reply]  The problem with Keynesian-style "demand
management" is that it relies on increasing
government debt which is inevitably tracked (time
lagged) by increasing taxation to amortize the debt
or cutting back government services--negating the
transient benefit and ultimately compounding the
problem.  Social Credit "demand management" does not
augment debt but rather offsets it so the benefit is
permanent.

Bill

"At the very least the credits must have limited
negotiability in terms of foreign content. "
How on earth do you propose this should be brought about? Exchange controls  etc  seem
very passe and indeed dirigiste (excuse my French).
Social credit says money would be simply created on the basis of presumably statistics
on the pervious period showing the deficit in demand. But one of the problems the
Keynesian demand managers of the 60's and 70's found was that of time lags, all
running at different paces. Credit created for the previous period might be totally
insuitable for the forthcoming one.

Let me clearly state, I'm not against social credit, just trying to go through it in
my own mind to get things clearer. Devil's advocate if you will.