...our democratic political process has not been able
to correct the 3% of GDP shortage of purchasing
power, the 2.3%/year "natural rate of inflation," and
the 4% to 10% unemployment rates which the US economy
has suffered for more than a century.
-----------------------------

These percentages are about right and are explainable
through the A+B Theorem.

Basically, it works like this:  What is called HPM
("high powered money," "base money" or "reserve
money") is injected into the economy when the central
bank purchases government securities through the so-
called "open market" from a select group of dealers
at the very top of the food chain.

So the money trickles down from Wall Street into
paychecks and employment benefits.  The process is
grossly inefficient.  Just as with a drip coffee
maker, much coffee remains in the grinds--and is
wasted.

The central bank could--and should--disburse a
measure of HPM directly to the people in the form of
dividends, to allow consumption to keep pace with the
increasing productive capacity that finance and
technology have ultimately enabled.