A + B is most easily comprehended if you think of it
as being purely a theory of accounting rather than
economics.  For example, this is a statement of
economics: Production = Income.  This is a statement
of accounting: The costs of production charged
against sales into final consumption = monetary
income of consumers.  Ideally, both statements should
coincide but they do not necessarily do so in the
real world.

It is difficult to determine if the statement,
"supply creates it own demand" is correct unless we
are informed whether or not we are analyzing a
statement from economics or accounting.  To prove
that the statement is a correct statement of
economics, orthodoxy creates quasi-systems of
accounting that have no correspondence to the real-
world method of double entry, as Friedrich Hayek
himself did in *Prices and Production*, that "prove"
the statement is correct on its own terms.

The first prerequisite to understanding the theorem,
in order to counter the orthodox argument, is to
have a working knowledge of double entry accounting.

It is the social credit contention that "supply
creates its own demand" is a statement of accounting,
not economics, so the orthodox argument that
substitutes an alternative accounting system is
irrelevant as to the statement's truth or falsity.

Economists are always variously substituting
accounting systems that exist only in their minds for
the one actually existing in the real world.  While
double entry in its present state of development is
not necessarily the best of all possible accounting
systems, it is vastly superior to the one imagined by
economists, which could not possibly work in the real
world, as is easily demonstrated--though I won't do
so now.

Rather than re-inventing and imposing a new system of
accounting, which might be impossible, social credit
proposes adjustment mechanisms at the macro level
that compensate for its deficiencies--namely: the
consumers' dividend and retail subsidy.

A:  the rate of flow of purchasing power being paid
by firms into account balances held by consumers.

B:  the rate of flow of purchasing power being paid
by firms into account balances held by firms.

Accounted for costs of production that are flowing to
the point of retail:  A + B.

In steady state:  A + B = A, because net B is zero.
This is taken to be the general condition in
arguments, such as Hayek's, that "disprove" the
theorem.

In quasi-steady state:  A + B > A because net B is
positive, but A + B remains proportional to A through
time, which is accommodated adequately through the
method of double entry at the level of the individual
firm.  See the attached diagram also archived at
http://www.geocities.com/socredus/compendium/accounting_profit.gif

But, and this is a very big but indeed that relates
it to actual conditions in the real world, if the
*ratio* of B is increasing to A, double entry
accounting reports a falling rate of profit
regardless of real economic factors as a general
matter for the economy as a whole.  It is false
information being supplied to entrepreneurs,
distorting their perception of reality, militating
against the utility of the market.

When there were only atomized producer/consumers, as
was hypothetically the case in the primitive
condition of barter, there were effectively only A
payments.  A = A.

But as the division of labor progresses and the
structure of production is becoming more complex, the
ratio of B payments is necessarily increasing to A
payments.