On Tuesday 11 Nov 2003 11:29 am, you wrote:
> Bill, Prof. Gunning and Other Subscribers:
> purchasing power is legitimate.  The Federal Government then to instruct
> the Reserve Bank TO CREATE AS A CREDIT THE AMOUNT NECESSARY AND APPLY TO A
> CONSUMER DISCOUNT OR SUBSIDY SCHEME, STARTING WITH THE BASIC ITEMS IN THE
> ECONOMY SUCH AS FOOD, CLOTHING, HOUSING AND TRANSPORT.  NO GOVERNMENT PRICE
> CONTROL IS NECESSARY, NOR WOULD UNWANTED PRODUCTION BE SUBSIDIZED.
> RETAILERS WISHING TO AVAIL THEMSELVES OF REDUCING PRICES TO THEIR CUSTOMERS
> BY THE AMOUNT OF DISCOUNT, WOULD BE INVITED TO REGISTER WITH AN APPROPRIATE
> GOVERNMENT INSTITUTION, WHICH MIGHT BE CALLED THE 'NATIONAL CREDIT
> AUTHORITY' IN EXACTLY THE SAME WAY THAT BUSINESS MEN REGISTER FOR THE
> COLLECTION AND PAYMENT OF SALES TAX.  GOVERNMENT STAFF SAVED FROM ABOLITION
> OF THE SALES TAX COULD BE USED FOR THE DISCOUNT SCHEME.  UPON CONSUMERS
> INDICATING THE PRODUCTION THEY REQUIRED, THOSE ITEMS CARRYING A DISCOUNT
> WOULD BE AUTOMATICALLY REDUCED BY  THE AMOUNT OF THE DISCOUNT, THE RETAILER
> KEEPING A RECORD AND PERIODICALLY MAKING A CLAIM FOR TOTAL DISCOUNT FROM
> THE 'NATIONAL CREDIT AUTHORITY.'  THIS WOULD IN ESSENCE BE THE SALES TAX IN
> REVERSE--INSTEAD OF PRICES BEING INFLATED, THEY WOULD BE REDUCED."
-------------------------------------

I previously made this suggestion to the forum. I think it was not well
received! :-)

On Wednesday 27 Aug 2003 8:50 pm, Bill wrote:
> The National Credit Account carries a balance
> available to fund dividends that is estimated to be
> the totality of latent productive capacity.

With all the national statistics produced monthly, quarterly, yearly, is there
a short way by which this figure can be calculated? I would like to
piggy-back on existing structures as far as possible. For instance, we have a
VAT system which could surely be used to achieve (something of) the just
price compensation, simply by reducing, zeroising, or ´negativising´ the
rate. This could be done selectively as well, penalising luxury goods and
subsidising essential basics.

Jessop.

On Thursday 28 Aug 2003 8:24 pm, William wrote:
> It is the reverse of a sales tax
> except it is not charged against tax collections but
> is charged against the National Credit Account.
Jessop here:- The National Credit Account could simply pay an amount over to
Revenue to replace the loss in Sales Tax or VAT. This entirely avoids setting
up a separate delivery system for the Just Price procedure.