In a message dated 11/12/03 9:19:55 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I hope Professor Gunning and others are enjoying these exchanges on Social
Credit. However, they should also consider what other members of the e-group
feel about these exchanges.

Academic criticism ordinarily involves comments indicating logical gaps in
the author's argument and the author is given a chance to rebut. But this is
not the case here. Here the debaters are trying to convince one another. And
this not certainly the norm of academic debate.

It is the responsibility of the list moderator to ensure that members of the
group get involved in constructive criticism, not in crucifying one another.

Khandakar Elahi
Guelph, Ontario.

You have a point, Khandakar, but I, for one, would like to see  this current debate continue as it has been going for awhile yet.  In Pat Gunning and Bill Ryan we have two very knowledgeable economists, and they have demonstated  abilities to explore this subject from a different perspective than most of us do.  I'd like to see them continue, and thoroughly explore the 'theoretical' side of the subject.  For those of us who are 'social credit' supporters it may give us  some new perspectives on some of the things that may stand in the way of applying social credit in a 'practical' manner. Assuming, of course, that we're eventually ever able to get in a position to do that somewhere.   There are several things in Prof. Gunning's last post that any Social Crediter could question, but lets not 'muddy the waters' just yet until we see Bill's reply.   So  Pat and Bill, please continue.  There needent be any 'winners' or 'losers' in an opportunity for us all to gain from both your knowledge.

Joe Thomson
Courtenay, BC