Note to All Subscribers re Douglas's book "The Alberta Experiment"

It is indeed a very important work, being the communications between
Alberta Premier William Aberhart and C. H. Douglas, first published in
1937 by Eyre and Spottiswoode in London.  While it is always good to go
back to originals, I would personally recommend the reprint by Veritas
Publishing of Western Australia in 1984.  This is an attractive
paperback, not of the highest print quality through the text, but
containing an eleven page introduction by Eric D. Butler and a nineteen
page section entitled "A Background Picture" by the late L. Denis Byrne
who Douglas sent in 1937, preceded by George Powell, from the United
Kingdom to advise the then newly elected (1935) "Social Credit"
Government of the Province of Alberta.  Powell soon returned to the
United Kingdom but Byrne remained as Technical Advisor to the Alberta
Government and was highly regarded by Premier Aberhart until the
latter's death in 1943.  Shortly after, Denis Byrne fell victim to the
destructive purges of more genuine Social Crediters orchestrated under
the new Premier, Ernest C. Manning.  Denis Byrne, remained until his
death, however, a tireless advocate for Social Credit as Douglas had
presented it.

This edition of "The Alberta Experiment" is readily available for $12.00
each, postpaid, in Canadian dollars:  Send a money-order for that amount
to "Wallace M. Klinck", C.H. Douglas Social Credit, P.O. Box 3003,
Sherwood Park, AB, Canada T8H 2T1 and the book will be dispatched
promptly.

Sincerely
Wally