dear Economics teachers,

Current processes of globalisation and liberalisation are associated with
very high levels of income and wealth inequalities in India and most
countries .... how can we think of new economic models where production and
consumption could serve larger social aims, than simply to increase
inequalities and deprivation....

For one, the allocation of public funds to education needs to be increased
a lot ... to provide infrastructure, adequate teachers and resources to all
schools .... While Kothari commission, 1966 recommended that 6% of GDP
should be invested in education, it is a shame that we have never done this
... and the price for this is paid by the poor and their children!

pl read the interview below of Noam Chomsky, a global intellectual, on
globalisation, its effects, alternatives ... and share your thoughts..

" ..... The society to which we should aspire, I think, would respect the
concept "jedem nach seinen Bedürfnissen": to each according to their needs.
Among the primary needs for most people is a life of dignity and
fulfilment. That translates in particular as work undertaken under their
own control, typically in solidarity and interaction with others, creative
and of value to the society at large. Such work can take many forms:
building a beautiful and needed bridge, the challenging task of
teaching-and-learning with young children, solving an outstanding problem
in number theory, or myriad other options. Providing for such needs is
surely within the realm of possibility....."

Read the article on
http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/41037-myths-of-globalization-noam-chomsky-and-ha-joon-chang-in-conversation

regards
Guru

IT for Change, Bengaluru
www.ITforChange.net

--
1.ವಿಷಯ ಶಿಕ್ಷಕರ ವೇದಿಕೆಗೆ  ಶಿಕ್ಷಕರನ್ನು ಸೇರಿಸಲು ಈ  ಅರ್ಜಿಯನ್ನು ತುಂಬಿರಿ.