On 12/01/2011 09:04 AM, Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
>> I think we need a git tree. It's the second time our humble network
>> maintainer merged some patches to early. IMHO both times related to bad
>> communication.......
>
> What do you mean? Usually we do not communicate anything to Dave for the
> normal v1->v2->v3->... review and patch update process (this does not
> excuse the bad quality of my last series). The problem is that it's not
> easy for him to follow our work and therefore we need our own GIT tree.

Yes - exactly. I think we're meaning the same:
It's hard to figure out for him when a series is "ready", (or at least
we think it is). We haven't communicated a "series is still in review"
nor a "series is now ready".

I like Oliver's remark to first keep the discussion on the linux-can
mailinglist and post the "final" series on netdev.

> That's also what Dave asks for. Apart from the tree he asks for someone
> who acts as the one and only interface to him.

Yes, technically that could/should be the git tree, in persona Wolfgang
or/and (as Dave asked for one person) Oliver.

>> I've setup a git repo on gitorious:
>>
>> https://gitorious.org/linux-can/linux-can
>>
>> It's based on net-next, and currently David's net-next/master is pushing
>> there. It probably takes some time, the box pushing has just 4 mbit/s
>> upstream.
>>
>> Comments?
>
> Apart from net-next, we may also need the net tree (as branch?).

During merge windows David merges into his net-next tree, anyway I can
setup linux-can and linux-can-next, based on the linux-net and
linux-net-next trees.

Marc

--
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |