On Fri, 2009-05-01 at 03:28 -0800, TechKid PC wrote:
> [...]

Initialization and timing issues which are well beyond my knowledge, but
I've been following this list for a while;). Search for "soekris boot
problem" and you'll find plenty of background info. In general, the
assumption that if "stuff" works fine in one context it should also work
in another (apparently) similar context doesn't seem to hold well if
computer hardware (or software, for that matter) is involved.

To answer your question properly: no, there doesn't seem to be a way to
reset the comBIOS to factory defaults on a Soekris box. It wouldn't help
much in the case of a "wrong" baud rate setting either, because the baud
rate would still be a valid one (or else it would be rejected in the
first place, I assume) and the problem could therefore be delegated to
the terminal configuration. I don't see how one could mess up the
comBIOS settings in such a way that it would no longer be accessible.
Unless that ConLock option does something funny with the UART.

Bill