On 19 May 2009, Diego Pastore said:
> # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
> #
> proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
> /dev/mapper/pastrix1-root /               ext3
> defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1
> /dev/hda1       /boot           ext3    defaults        0       2

This becomes /dev/sda1, and you'd better make sure that vgscan runs on
the next boot (which I think happens automatically). As everything else
is using LVM, the vgscan should pick it up.

> Module                  Size  Used by
> ipv6                  213984  42
> tun                    10368  1
> pc87360                17040  0
[...]

It looks very like you're using a Debian stock kernel. This should pick
up SATA stuff automatically --- but I'd *really* recommend doing a
dist-upgrade to Debian 5.0 first, as SATA support in 2.6.18 was really
very embryonic (there were a lot of major bugs, all of which have since
been shaken out).

Other than that it should just work.