That's the beauty of the generic kernel. Anywhere the (i386, in this case)
kernel will run, it will run.

One caveat: I install OpenBSD onto compact flash from a USB compact flash
reader. During install, it is seen (usually) as sd1, but when I move the card
into the 4501, it is seen as wd0. Just mount the CF card after the install and
adjust /etc/fstab accordingly.