Hi,

Well to answer my own question since noone else did ;)

The current hifn kernel driver only supports 32-bit and ubuntu and possibly
even other distros standard 32-bit kernel supports PAE which sets dma_addr_t to
a u64 and the driver check the size of dma_addr_t and therefore it doesnt load.

But if you choose a 32-bit _NON_ PAE kernel it works fine.

Cheers
Peter