On Sat, 07 Apr 2012 23:03:43 +0300
Alvar Kusma <al...@raamat.polva.ee> wrote:

> > As I have stated before, afaik the net5501 do not have any design
> > issues, Attila's problem is most likely either software related,
>
> Please, can you explain, why similar board from PCEngines (Alix 2D13)
> with same software (OpenWRT image) just works, but Soekris board shows
> some unstability? Can you explain, why this same exact software works on
> one net5501 without a glitch over year now, but two other units show
> unstability signs - random hangs, sometimes works over month, sometimes
> crashes 2 times a day? This is still a mystery for me. Just bad luck?

Do you use eth0? If yes, try not using it. The VT6105M of eth0 shares
its power supply pins and capacitors with the mini PCI interface.
If your crashes are so rare, it might be enough that not using that
interface is enough to get you into the regime that doesnt crash.

                        Attila Kinali
--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?