Chris Wilson [chris-soek...@aptivate.org] wrote:

> But after a power off (not just a hard reset) the drive is fine again!
>
> Some people are seeing issues with Debian kernels (like this one) and
> multiple
> drives appearing to fail at the same time, but working fine after a reboot:
>
> So I suspect there's nothing wrong with the drive; it may be a firmware bug,
> but I was unable to apply firmware fixes using OCZ's updater for Linux. Has
> anyone seen anything like this? Anyone got a sense for whether it could be a
> hardware bug with the AHCI controller or BIOS on the net6501?

The drive wasn't responding. It's likely to be the drive itself, not some
failure on the controller or magic in the wire. SSDs are not the ultra-reliable
machines they're made out to be, in my experience. The firmware probably
crashed. And if that's what happened, it'll happen again under certain
conditions -- that is until you get an update that breaks the firmware in some
new and bizarre way.