Hello Jan and list.

Were these boxes brand new or did you buy them "used"?
Are this "hissing" was occurring since the first days, you was using the boxes?
If it was not so, perhaps a capacitor was damaged during the long time using,
with the increasing throughput of your internet account!
Or you were inserting some spare parts and they are high power consuming?

My personally tip is really, to pointing this "problem" to the capacitors on the
boards, under high load they start this "hissing" in my opinion.
I would not swear on this, but I´ll guess it seems, that is nearly coming to
this point or it is related to the near region of the capacitors.
Only two ways are going to solve this out;
The first choice, you will change the box, perhaps to something like a net6501,
because it can handle better the higher load.
Or you are able to solder some newer, with better quality.

This is perhaps interesting for you; I mean who is producing noise suppressing
capacitors,
if this will not be a known problem for the industry companies?  ;)
Only as an example, please don´t buy these once!!!!!
"http://img.directindustry.com/images_di/photo-m2/noise-suppression-capacitors-2
24759.jpg"

Perhaps you´ll get better tip by Soren or Soekris support team,
for finding a better solution, or better capacitors that is much more compatible
to your both soekris boards.

I hope this was helping you a little bit.

Kind regards and my best wishes

Frank Schuhmann

__________ Hinweis von ESET NOD32 Antivirus, Signaturdatenbank-Version 7208
(20120609) __________

E-Mail wurde geprüft mit ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com