Robin,

The SATA ports are on the corner of the board opposite the corner with the reset button and power connector. In other words, put the board face up in front of you with the power connector facing you. The SATA ports are on the top left corner. They're labelled J1 and J2.

For SATA power, you'll need an adapter like that sold with the Soekris HDD mounting kit (http://soekris.com/products/net6501/2-5-sata-hard-drive-mounting-kit-for-the-net6501-std.html). I think my board came with this power adapter, but I could be mistaken. The power connector is a 5 pin connector labelled JP18. It's located along the edge between the SATA ports and the PCIe slot, closest to the SATA ports.

-Peter