--- Matthias Flege wrote:
> ... BIOS reflash from the uManager.

I assume that this is a program one can run from an OS which flashes the BIOS.

I have a Net5501 on which the console appears to have died.  It will boot just
fine if the disk is already set up, but there is no serial port console.
Neither is there a POST message, or the ability to change BIOS settings.

VxWorks board support packages have a method for changing BIOS settings after
an OS is up and running.

Is there any such method for the Soekris Net5501 (or any other Soekris boxes)?

If there was, then my Net5501 without a serial port console would still be a
somewhat useful box, despite the failure of the serial port console.  But in
its absence, even though everything else seems to work, the lack of a serial
port console dooms the box to non-usefulness.

Thanks,
Ken Hendrickson