Hi Jeff,
I've used Intel, Crucial, and Kingston SSDs in the 20-256GB range without issue
with OpenBSD 6.0 on a few net6501s.
Only catch that comes to mind is that the mSATA slots are shared with the SATA
ports, so you're limited to two SATA driver for either form factor without an
additional SATA controller.
  Eric