On 11/14/06, maemo nokia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> i got darcs to get all files from the server.
> But i am not able to move ahead.
>
> Am i supposed to follow the :
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure
> make
> make install
>
> to get the sofia-sip compiled and installed or is there any other procedure i
> need to follow to get sofia-sip installed?

That is right, provided that you have proper autotool versions installed.

> if the above mentioned procedure is right, the "autogen.sh" file in the
> directory is not an executable. and therefore i tried "sh autogen.sh".

You are on the right track...

> libsofia-sip-ua-glib/nua-glib/Makefile.am:9: require version 1.7, but have
> 1.4-p6

You need autoconf >= 2.57 (see AC_PREREQ in configure.ac) and automake
>= 1.7 (see AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS in Makefile.am). I'm not certain if the
libtool package needs to be updated, too. I have something iike
libtool 1.5.6.

If you do not want to wait for next release you can try to install
newer versions on your building environment.

If you use packet management on your system, the new versions have
probably name like autoconf257 or automake17 (but your mileage may
vary). Also, you probably have to invoke particular versions of
autotools by setting the environment properly. See autoreconf --help
output for more details. You can also set AUTORECONF environment
variable before running autogen.sh.

Alternatively, you can run autgen.sh on an another box with up-to-date
autotools and then copy or mount whole tree to your build box (that is
what I do with vintage Linuxes).

--Pekka
Pekka.Pessi mail at nokia.com