Hello,

I now added a few build time options that allow to shrink the library
size:

--disable-stun
    Disables the STUN module (the public API), example clients, and
    support for STUN keepalives in SIP signaling.

--disable-nth
    Disables http and nth (transaction layer) modules. As collateral
    damage, you lose support for SIP signaling over HTTP-CONNECT.

Together, these cut down the stripped libsofia-sip-ua.so by 160K.

Now let's see if people find these useful, before going further. The
downside of adding these options is that the makefiles get more and more
complicated, which again means more testing and maintenance work.

If continued, the next candidate would probably be "nea" (SIP presence
support), or alternatively "nua" itself (for apps that prefer to use "nta"
directly). OTOH, specialized applications can always customize sofia-sip
builds themselves, so we don't necessarily have to support all possible
variations in the official releases.

Note also that these options modify the library API/ABI, so you can't
freely change back and forth if you for instance maintaining sofia-sip
packages for some Linux distribution.

--
  under work: Sofia-SIP at http://sofia-sip.sf.net