2007/12/18, Fabio Margarido <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I'm getting a bunch of these after a large number of calls in my application:
>
> tport_vsend(0x81276a8): No buffer space available with (s=9
> UDP/10.40.0.9:5060)\par
> incoming_reply: tport_tsend: error (No buffer space available) while
> sending 183 Session Progress for INVITE (1)\par

The UDP socket has run out of buffer space. Manual page for sendmsg() says

       ENOBUFS
              The output queue for a network interface was full.  This  gener-
              ally  indicates  that the interface has stopped sending, but may
              be caused by transient congestion.   (Normally,  this  does  not
              occur in Linux.  Packets are just silently dropped when a device
              queue overflows.)

>From my recollection of Linux nw code the sentence in parenthesis is
no longer true.

You can use tport tags TPTAG_UDP_RMEM() and TPTAG_UDP_WMEM() to adjust
the amount of buffer space. On Linux systems, you should also consider
adjusting rmem and wmem sysctls.

--Pekka

Pekka.Pessi mail at nokia.com