From: Pekka Pessi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Jim Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: sofia-sip-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Monday, June 2, 2008 7:04:06 AM
Subject: Re: [Sofia-sip-devel] Sofia-SIP roadmap

2008/5/29 Jim Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I am considering using Sofia-SIP in a commercial product.
> Open source projects tend to come and go..
> Is Sofia-SIP likely to be actively maintained and further developed into the
> future?
> What is the ongoing level of commitment to Sofia-SIP by Nokia and others?

Nokia uses Sofia SIP among other things in the Internet Tablet devices
like N810. We plan to maintain and develop Sofia SIP for foreseeable
future.

Our roadmap for the near future include features required by tablets,
like better support for changing IP addresses, using deferable timers,
and support for MIME multipart messages.

We welcome any proposals and contributions for new features in Sofia SIP.

Pekka.Pessi mail at nokia.com