Bugs item #2412241, was opened at 2008-12-09 20:06
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by mzabaluev
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=756076&aid=2412241&group_id=143636

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The Ekiga.net checks during registration that both the Via and Contact headers
contain a public IP address. The registation fails with 606 if the Via header
contains a NATted address from the private address space.

Comment By: Mikhail Zabaluev (mzabaluev)
Date: 2008-12-10 15:17

Message:
>The UA application must take care of the contact address by:
>-Using some kind of STUN mechanism
>- Learning from the REGISTER response ( checking the Via parameters ) and
reusing a new REGISTER

Sure, we do the latter, but the ekiga.net proxy rejects this REGISTER with
606 Not Acceptable.

Comment By: Inca Rose (incarose)
Date: 2008-12-09 21:48

Message:
Why do you think this is a sofia-sip problem ?
There is nothing wrong whit that.
Ekiga SIP server will end up sending the response to the udp-src address
ignoring the Via host address.

The UA application must take care of the contact address by:
-Using some kind of STUN mechanism
- Learning from the REGISTER response ( checking the Via parameters ) and
reusing a new REGISTER
- or not taking care at all and failing to get incoming calls.