Hi,

I am not sure if I have really found an bug therefore I want to describe
it and ask the list.

It is a NUA application (SIP Client) which is registered to an SIP
server.

Step 1
SIP Client send INVITE to B
B accepts the Call
SIP Client ACK's.

Step 2
B send a ReINVITE with "a=sendonly"
SIP Client accepts this with "a=recvonly"
B ACK's

Step 3
SIP Client send a ReINVITE with "a=inactive"
B responses with 488 (Not acceptable here)
SIP Client ACK's

Step 4
B send a ReINVITE with "a=sendrecv"
SIP Client accepts this with "a=inactive" <-- WHY???
B ACK's

In my opinion the mistake is in Step 3. The SIP Client want to set the
session to a=inactive but the Server does reject this. Now the SIP Stack
should re-set the state and should not save the "a=inactive" which it
will sadly use in Step 4. To fix that "by hand" I have added a short
section in the SIP Client in the "nua_r_invite":

nua_set_hparams(nh, SOATAG_HOLD(""), TAG_END());

What do you think? Is that a bug in the SIP Stack or is that a task
which has to be done in the SIP Client (and not in the stack)?

Best regards,
Bernhard Suttner