Dear Jonas, all
if you want to compile the latest version win mingw I found the following:
1) to overcome the PKG_CHECK_MODULE problem, you need to install pkg-config
(see http://www.mingw.org/wiki/FAQ - How do I get pkg-config installed? -)
2) I noticed that there are o lot of warnings on mingw complaining declaration
with SOFIAPUBVAR. I think extern is missing (see patch attached)
3) Makefile.am should be modified to include (in case of MinGW platform)
su_win32_port.c on the list of libsu_la_SOURCES (and removed from EXTRA_DIST)
4) I also had some problem with gai_strerror function (the check in sac-su2.m4
line 529 don't find gai_strerror for mingw, but actually gai_strerror is
present on mingw platform). To overcome this issue, I simply changed config.h
generated defining HAVE_GAI_STRERROR to 1
5) I had some problem with s2check (s2base.c line 77 timespec is not defined on
mingw platform). I included pthread.h on s2base.c and changed code a little
since timespec in pthread.h has tv_nsec instead of tv.tv_usec.
6) Regarding error in winbase.h, this is due to the fact that #include
<stdio.h> and #include <stdarg.h> (needed for va_list macro definition) are
missing on line 274 of sac-su2.m4)
7) The -lpthreadVC2 is correct, what mingw doesn't like (I don't know why) is
the -I and -L syntax with $(top_srcdir). I overcome this issue I put the full
path of pthread dir (i.e. -I/home/Administrator/sofia-sip/win32/pthread and
-L/home/Administrator/sofia-sip/win32/pthread) in sac-general.m4

Hope that helps,
Regards,
Filippo