Hi there,

> > I prepared a small patch (attached) to current darcs implementing a new
> tag
> > NTATAG_AVOID_100(), which can be used in nta_incoming_set_params(). That
> > function was meant to provide sigcomp support (at least the allowed tags
> > were just only for that), but I guess it's the correct place to include
> it.
>
> Thanks for the patch. Yes, that is  the correct place for setting it
> on transaction basis.

Ok.

> > By default, the nta_incoming_t of an invite will have the avoid_100 set
> > false, so that it works as before, sending the 100 Trying in an INVITE
> > transaction if N1 timer gets fired. If nta_incoming_set_params(irq,
> > NTATAG_AVOID_100(1), TAG_END()); is called just after receiving the
> INVITE
> > irq in the given leg, the sending of 100 Trying is avoided ( so this
> > featrure is given per incoming transaction, and not per NTA agent ).
> >
> > If you dislike the patch, I can modify it. If you don't like the feature
> > (it's really more a hack to support buggy clients), or you prefer it in
> some
> > other way, tell me.
>
> I'd prefer reusing the NTATAG_EXTRA_100(). So perhaps copy the bit
> irq_avoid_100 bit (or rename it as irq_extra_100) from  sa_extra_100
> in incoming_create(), set it like you did in nta_incoming_set_params()
> then check the bit (like you did) in incoming_timer() but also in
> incoming_recv() (which you overlooked).

What I understood of NTATAG_EXTRA_100 is that it is applicable for
non-invite transactions only, at least that was what I understood from the
documentation given. That's why I didn't consider adding the check in
incoming_recv(), because it was applicable only if sa_extra_100 was true.
Now that I check the incoming_recv() with more detail I see that that flag
at NTA level will also trigger sending 100 trying also for INVITEs in the
case a retransmited INVITE comes before even sending the first 100 trying
because of N1 being fired.

Anyway, yes, it's probably better to add it also for non-invite transactions
if sa_extra_100 is enabled globally in the NTA, as then we can also avoid
the 100 Trying per-transaction.

I will modify the patch with your suggestions and post it here.

Cheers!
-Aleksander