Hi,

We are trying to track down an intermittent failure in the Sofia SIP stack
where we appear to be getting an EPERM error back from some POSIX API call
or another on a powerpc Linux 2.6.23.  This error is somehow triggering
the stack to report an ACK timeout, even though no timer has expired. Does
this sound familiar to anyone?

Anyway, I came across a line of code in tport_type_udp.c that I found
somewhat alarming:

    su_soerror(self->tp_socket);  /* XXX - we *still* have a race
condition */

Does anyone know what race condition this is referring to?

Thanks,

--Jen