Hi Alberto or anyone on the list,
Can you help me with understanding the RIFF chunk of a wav file?

If I want to capture sound as 24 bit data do I specify wBitsPerSample 
as 24?

Or do I set the wBitsPerSample = 32 and the wValidBitsPerSample = 24?

The example code I find on internet searches seems very old. I can't 
figure out how to create a valid 96K 24 bit wav file.
 (I am writing code in Visual Basic 6)


    'Set The WAV wformat
    wformat.wFormatTag = WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE '-2
    wformat.nChannels = 6 '6
    wformat.nSamplesPerSec = 44100 '22050 ''16000 '8000 '44100
    wformat.wBitsPerSample = ContainerBits ' 20 '8 '16 CONTAINER
    wformat.nBlockAlign = wformat.nChannels * 
wformat.wBitsPerSample / 8
    wformat.nAvgBytesPerSec = wformat.nSamplesPerSec * 
wformat.nBlockAlign
    wformat.cbsize = 22
    wformat.wValidBitsPerSample = ValidBits '20 '32 '8 '16
    wformat.dwChannelMask = 63 'KSAUDIO_SPEAKER_DIRECTOUT


I don't fully understand how to used all of this sample code.

If you can provide any assistance it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
AD5JO










 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soft_radio/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to