I bought a nice 7904 a couple years ago then found the plug- ins I can easily
see a 1GHz. sine wave.....A friend just gave me two new CRTs. I'm into it for
under $200.
  HP8640B is still one of the best generators for ham use. You really want a
pair to test Dynamic range. An HP3400 RMS meter is also good.

i2phd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          --- In soft_radio@yahoogroups.com, "rosswebmail" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> I need to restock my lab bench with test equipment, and I have a couple
> of questions. What minimum bandwidth o-scope should I get to test the
> subcomponents of the Softrock 40 & 20/30 kits? Also, is there an
> inexpensive way to do spectral analysis? Some of those analyzers are
> quite expensive.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ross
> AE5GL

Ross,

a good used oscilloscope is the Tektronix 2465 or 2465B. 300 MHz
bandwidth the first, 400 the second. May be a bit of overkill for
working at 14 MHz, but sooner or later you will need that bandwidth.
And the digital readouts on the screen are very handy.

There is just now an auction on eBay for a 2465 with a Buy-it-Now
price of 299.99 USD. Item # 160212313580

73 Alberto I2PHD