Marco,

I am interested in your comment that  band noise is -129dBm in 3kHz BW.

I listen to online SDRs located in Europe.

The S meters on these receivers show that the band noise on the lower to
middle HF band is rarely lower than  -100dBm  in a 3kHz BW - the lowest
I've seen is around -105dBm to -110dBm.

I'm presuming the S meter calibration is accurate.

Antenna type etc. and local conditions also influence antenna noise
level but I can't imagine that will account for a +30dB difference in
noise level.

Is the -129dBm noise level you see confirmed by Perseus observations (it
seems to have an accurate S meter)?

The reason I raise the matter is that it seems to me that modern day
receivers have more than enough sensitivity for most of the HF bands-
even SDRs like the Perseus/QS1R

Interested in your comments.
.

Henry.