Hi Phil,

> > The official site: <http://www.srl-llc.com> has a link to
> > QS1R SVN which leads to |http://code.google.com/p/qssdrcode>
> >
> > On that page I read: You do not have to have a Google account
> > for ready-only access, just use the following address:
> >
> > <http://qssdrcode.googlecode.com/svn/>
> >
> > This link is broken.
> > "The requested URL /svn/> was not found on this server."
>
> It must be an issue with the browser you are using or something,
> since the above link is valid and takes you to the svn code.
Hmmm, the source code to http://code.google.com/p/qssdrcode looks
like this:
You do not have to have a Google account for ready-only
access, just use the following address:

My browser does not understand that &dg;" should be interpreted
as "&gt; maybe other browsers are smarter, but I think it would be
a good idea if you corrected the code.

> I am not sure what part of the code you are looking at
Very obviously I followed the link you gave me before, the one
you sent Dec 31 2009. That displays C++ code.

> but the qs1r shared library is pure C, not C++.
OK. So I need to know how to find it:-)

> Here is an alternative:  Could you point me to your API
> documentation that describes how to interface a hardware
> device to Linrad?
Linrad does not have an API for hardware manufacturers, not
yet at least. I have written specific routines to fit the
APIs that I have been supplied with from other manufacturers.

> If I have some kind of instructions on how to go about
> adding support for QS1R in Linrad, I could do it.
Excellent. It should not be difficult at all. Perseus uses
a callback and SDR-IP uses a read statement to get the data
from USB. The routines are placed in lsdr.c (for Linux) and
in wsdr.c (for Windows) The system independent code is in
perseus.c and sdr14.c

> I was able to easily write a DLL to interface to Winrad for
> the QS1R because of Alberto's ExtIO documentation.  His
> ExtIO interface is a brilliant way of allowing just about
> any hardware to work with Winrad.
Yes, Alberto is a programmer - I am not....

> Since you are having trouble with SVN, I've placed the code for
> the qs1r library here:
>
> <http://www.philcovington.com/qs1r_latest/Misc/qsiolib.h>
> <http://www.philcovington.com/qs1r_latest/Misc/qsiolib.c>
>
> If you look at it you will see it contains no C++.
> The rest of the code and information is in SVN at
> <http://qssdrcode.googlecode.com> where anyone can
> access it.
Excellent:-) I do not think I will have any difficulties to
interface to QS1R based on these files if I only could find
the rest of the information. I spend some time searching svn
but I could not locate the above files anywhere.

> I cannot copy it all to some other location like I did
> above with the qsiolib files because of disk space.
But you could send me a link to the proper URL. Then I will
have no problem to download whatever more info I might need
(if any.) I am leaving for Dallas EME meeting in a couple of
hours so I do not have the time now.

> Any which way, if you can point me to your documentation
> on how to interface with Linrad, I'll see what I can do.
I will look at the qsiolib code and implement it in Linrad if
I can find the needed header files. (Something to do on the
airplane...)

73

Leif / SM5BSZ