You realize that there are still a ton of people that are still running windows
XP, right? You also seem to be forgetting Vista (which I actually liked, but
most other people didn’t).

From: Andreas Bystrom
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2012 1:05 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: OT: Windows 8 - anyone?

". So... I've installed Windows7 on my workstation at home. And so far I'm
really impressed with the speed and the response from the system. Softimage
works a lot smoother on Windows7 than on CentOS 6.3."

hmm, it's not april.... did hell just freeze over? actually the day alan jones
writes something like that will be the day hell truly freezes over..

on a serious note, for every single windows release that's about to come out
since win2k I've heard the same exact thing "this will be terrible, I'm staying
with win xxxx forever" yet those same people somehow upgraded throughout the
years and found themselves quite happy...