From: Simon Anderson
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:46 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Some more questions about PyQt in Softimage (addon
v1.14:fixesbutton size and adds command to Soft menu)

+1

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Eric Thivierge <ethivie...@gmail.com> wrote:

  Also to note, if you're in a mixed pipeline but need the same tool (asset
loader for example) creating the UI in Qt will keep it consistant across apps.
Recently I ported my renamer tool to PyQt and it looks exactly the same in Maya
as it does in Softimage. Small tweaks to the code obviously for the actual
renaming.

  PyQt is a pythonic way of creating UIs as well so if you're familiar with
python programming, creating UIs will feel more natural than the Softimage PPG
widgets. As Tim said above, it's infuriatingly hard to create nicely spaced UIs
in Softimage out of the box.

  Also if any of the devs are reading, please can we get a built in PyQt
implementation? Pretty please? If I had a choice as to where my subscription
money went, I'd put it all towards that. :D

  Eric Thivierge
  http://www.ethivierge.com

  On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Simon Anderson