There's always been rumor and silliness on this list. Personally I like hearing
the rumors - if its traveling around word-of-mouth I'd just as soon hear it
here too, where it can be refuted (or not.) Sure some people get worked up (me?
Never!) and bandwidth is used, but the more free-flowing this board is, the
better. Tech help is useful, but humans are silly creatures and the humanity of
this list is one of the reasons it's such a valuable resource.

If we all stop posting for fear of being chastised or being wrong (me? never!)
we'll have lost the freewheeling chaotic energy which makes the Internet so
useful. Bring on the rumors. Me, I heard sideFX and the foundry are going to
make a crossover product called Modini... ;)