Just to expand on what Matt said:

If you want a direction with any object in ICE, the easiest way is to get
it's global kinematics and pipe that into a 'Matrix 4x4 to Vector 3D' node.
The node will spit out 4 vectors - ignore the one labeled 'translation' and
pick one of the 3 depending on what axis you want to get the direction of.
The order is XYZ as you'd expect.

You can then pipe out your chosen axis into the direction of the raycast
node and the translation into the position. You can then use that null as a
complete raycast controller.