Yeah, there is a compound in LK Lightning called LKL Subdivide Strands
which does just this.
With bezier or linear interpolation depending on what you want.
You should be able to just simply add a new ice-tree, put it in the
Post-Simulation part of the stack and plug the compound in there to get
what you need.
You can download the legacy version 1.5.1 which should be perfectly fine
for your case here: http://leonardkoch.com/download/

I'm not sure how well 1.5.1 supports non-LKL clouds, so there might be some
parameters missing which LKL provides and that compound uses, but they are
easily computed.
Just take a look into the compound and if you run into issues with that I'm
sure I can help.

Hope it helps.