I'm wondering about the suggested use of the rayswitch node for this.
Especially Matt and Ahmidou suggested it. Do you mean the
mip_rayswitch_advanced? And would I use it to split up the shader influences on
one sphere instead of making the two spheres as in Matt's suggestion?

Because in your 'old school' method, Matt, which I have been using to light the
scene and create a background, with an hdri and a higher res color image
(seen), there is not the desired glow effect. But it could create light for the
FG, instead of a point light, which may be desirable.

Any clearer explanations about using the rayswitch node, in this context?

Many thanks,
Nancy