After copying the files, i do not get the _XGetRequest error anymore.

now i get this:

[Sat Jul 27 17:26:04 - sl@PC22 bin]$ ./xsi
Aborted (core dumped)

[Sat Jul 27 17:27:43 - root@PC22 usr]# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4 ::1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6

Anything to do in the hosts config file?
I've selected Network and pointed to my license server at installation. Nothing more.

:-)
thanks Thomas
sly

*Sylvain Lebeau // SHED**
*V-P/Visual effects supervisor
1410, RUE STANLEY, 11E ÉTAGE MONTRÉAL (QUÉBEC) H3A 1P8
T 514 849-1555 F 514 849-5025WWW.SHEDMTL.COM <http://www.shedmtl.com/><<http://www.shedmtl.com/>http://WWW.SHEDMTL.COM>